grub-devel

Re: Using grub on fuloong 6004

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Using grub on fuloong 6004
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 02:43:17 +0200

On 24.07.2011 14:54, David Kuehling wrote:
>>> I also ran 'grub-install' once, which put a full set of grub modules
>>> to /boot/grub.  However, it failed to generate a grub image and
>>> complained:
>>>
>>> $ sudo /usr/local/sbin/grub-install /usr/local/bin/grub-mkimage:
>>> error: cannot stat /usr/local/lib/grub/mipsel-loongson/uhci.mod.
>>>
>> Fix attached
> Ok, with your latest uhci.diff, I can now just run 'grub-install' which
> leaves a (somewhat) working grub.elf in /boot.  Feels like we're getting
> closer.
>
> This shows the same behaviour like the grub-diy.elf that I generated via
> grub-mkimage:
>
>   - keyoard still not working.  Tried plugging in after grub startup,
>   but doesn't help (for grub-diy.elf i had to shortly plug in the
>   keyboard to select it in pmon, so mayb that doesn't count).  Also
>   mouse was disconnected.

I've been unable to recreate. Keyboard worked fine both when GRUB loaded
as ELF and when GRUB is firmware. I've uploaded them to
http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/grub/phcoder/grub.elf
and
http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/grub/phcoder/grub-fuloong.img.
do you see any messages if you set debug=usb,ohci ?
>   - menu looks a little grabled (lots of '@' instead of border), but
>   won't complain about that

It just means that no unifont was supplied