grub-devel

Legacy GRUB to GRUB2

From: Yash Jain
Subject: Legacy GRUB to GRUB2
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:22:20 +0530

Hello All,
I am using a legacy grub boot-loader with patches provided by GRUB-IMA
for software integrity and  also i am using trusted GRUB for few
families.
Now i have to upgrade it to the advanced kernel(2.6.37) which will be
loaded on ext4 DOM,
Could you please let me know how can i upgrade to GRUB2(because
trusted GRUB is based on legacy GRUB) or it is still fine if i can use
the legacy GRUB to load kernel 2.6.37.
and also could you let me know that how can i build the legacy GRUB on
a 64bit machine - when ever i try to build it gives me a error "error:
GRUB requires a working absolute objcopy; upgrade your binutils".

Thanks and Regards,
Yeshpal Jain.