grub-devel

Re: Grub2 can not detect usb disk

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Grub2 can not detect usb disk
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:08:03 +0200

On 28.06.2011 12:02, Cui Lei wrote:
> Sorry , I don't know what the meaning of the "bisect" and how to do?
> Could you tell me some message in detail ?
You take a revision which doesn't work (1.99rc2 = r3229)  and a working
one (1.98 = r2249). Then you try a revision in the middle, e.g. r2749.
If it works the error is in the range 2749..3229, otherwise in
2249..2749, then you try a revision inside this range and in 10 steps
you'll have the exact revision which causes your problem.