grub-devel

Re: grub.enbug.org wiki database dump

From: NIIBE Yutaka
Subject: Re: grub.enbug.org wiki database dump
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:07:54 +0900

2011-03-29 17:11, KESHAV P.R. wrote:
>      I am user of grub2 and have edited a few wiki articles. YOu seems
> to have taken back control of this domain name.

I didn't understand your message, but I guess that your problem is
accessing web site of grub.enbug.org, right?

No, I don't have control of grub.enbug.org or enbug.org.  That's under
control of Okuji-san, I think.

Recently, I moved my web site (www.gniibe.org) to my home machine.  I
think that this is the cause of this trouble.  What I did was changing
IP address of www.gniibe.org.

Since it is OK for me to stop new web server of www.gniibe.org at home
and keep old IP address of www.gniibe.org which points to
hikaru.fsij.org (say, for a week or so), I recover old IP address or
www.gniibe.org.

I think that you now see grub.enbug.org web service again.  I'd expect
Okuji-san (or those who control enbug.org name server) will correct
the entry of grub.enbug.org soon.

Here is the detail:
We have a machine under FSIJ, that's hikaru.fsij.org.  I have had
www.gniibe.org on this machine.  Okuji put grub.enbug.org on that
machine too.  While canonical name of the machine is hikaru.fsij.org,
it seems that Okuji setup his name server so that grub.enbug.org points
to www.gniibe.org (by CNAME).  This is wrong.

I confirmed that service of grub.enbug.org is still running on
hikaru.fsij.org:

-----------------------------------
$ telnet hikaru.fsij.org 80
Trying 211.14.6.124...
Connected to hikaru.fsij.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /TestingOnMacbook HTTP 1.1
HOST: grub.enbug.org

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
[...]

So, once you got my fix of name server gniibe.org, you see
grub.enbug.org again.

Note that I don't want to keep old www.gniibe.org forever.  I'd like
to move www.gniibe.org to my home soon or later.