grub-devel

Re: ZFS imported into GRUB

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: ZFS imported into GRUB
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 19:38:55 +0100

2010/12/2 KESHAV P.R. <address@hidden>:
> What about other grub-extras?

We have analyzed those on a case-by-case basis.  grub-extras
is a collection of 3rd party add-ons to GRUB.  These don't
necessarily need to be made part of GRUB, but they're
useful in certain situations and this is why the grub-extras
project provides them.

We don't think there are legal problems with the code in
grub-extras, but when it comes to official GRUB we follow
high standards when it comes to this matter.

Legal issues are often underestimated, but they're
dangerous.  One thing is to lose a feature, a different
one is leaving the GNU system without its bootloader.

--
Robert Millan