grub-devel

Re: LiveCD bootloader

From: Tom Davies
Subject: Re: LiveCD bootloader
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:34:22 +0000 (GMT)

Hi :)

Are we talking about a bootloader that can be used inside a customised Cd? Could grub2 be installed to hard-drive and dynamically include a menu item for LiveCd if it found an Ubuntu or other distros CD in the cd/dvd-drive?  I am not sure the complexity would be worth it?  If it could be done in some simple way then could it also boot iso files found in a specific location?  Again i am more curious about people's thoughts rather than thinking we really need this level of functionality.

Regards from
Tom :)