grub-devel

Re: Fallback to scanning OF tree if no devaliases

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: Fallback to scanning OF tree if no devaliases
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 11:41:26 -0400

On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 04:48:04PM +0200, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:
> As I already told on IRC such a behaviour isn't of a good design. A
> simple example is when one add a devalias and then all other disks
> disappear. Moreover in experimental branch I have a solution for such a
> problem: we scan all the devices and then show only the simpliest form.
> That code just needs some testing. Could you do that? I'm sorry for not
> having been available for last few days and this resulted in a mountain
> of useless work by Doug and Lennart. I assume that the rest of this
> thread is a discussion of this issue and is moot given the code which is
> already in experimental. If it's not a case please start a new thread
> per issue

Where do I find that?  I would love to test it.

I currently have the machine down because someone made a mistake that
killed the box (or so they thought).  Nothing actually wrong with the
box fortunately, but it means I can spend a few hours testing things
before getting back to normal use again.

--
Len Sorensen