grub-devel

Re: Fallback to scanning OF tree if no devaliases

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Fallback to scanning OF tree if no devaliases
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 16:48:04 +0200

As I already told on IRC such a behaviour isn't of a good design. A
simple example is when one add a devalias and then all other disks
disappear. Moreover in experimental branch I have a solution for such a
problem: we scan all the devices and then show only the simpliest form.
That code just needs some testing. Could you do that? I'm sorry for not
having been available for last few days and this resulted in a mountain
of useless work by Doug and Lennart. I assume that the rest of this
thread is a discussion of this issue and is moot given the code which is
already in experimental. If it's not a case please start a new thread
per issue