grub-devel

regarding dividing video RAM

From: kiran pawar
Subject: regarding dividing video RAM
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 07:10:44 +0530

Hi all,
  I am working on grub-1.97~beta4. As part of my academic project, I have to divide video RAM so that only half of screen can show the grub and kernel booting display messages.
  On searching I found that there is parameter like  height = 25 and width = 80.
  But on changing height or width value, screen is not divided as I want.
 Is there any way by which I can divide video RAM(0xb800) ? Also display the messages in only lower half of the laptop screen(15.4") ?