grub-devel

Re: Is it possible to have grub2's boot.img as my MBR, but have it look

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: Is it possible to have grub2's boot.img as my MBR, but have it look in a separate partition for core.img?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:15:33 +0100

So grubinst bootcode seems superior over grub2 bootcode regarding partitions?

ede

On 28.01.2010 17:57, Bean wrote:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:39 AM,<address@hidden>  wrote:
I am pretty sure. If you want I am willing to retry.

Still I wonder what is the deifference to the grubinst/g2ldr approach and
why the boot code can find g2ldr. Can it read fat fs?
Hi,

Yeah, grubinst contains its own fs reader, it's all written in
assembly, 1 sector fat + 1 sector ext2 + 4 sector ntfs plus other
utilities. The whole size is about 8K.