grub-devel

Re: Build error: "ENABLE_NLS" is not defined

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Build error: "ENABLE_NLS" is not defined
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 00:38:11 +0100

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 02:02:22AM +0100, Grégoire Sutre wrote:
> address@hidden wrote:
>
>>> Another option would be to replace #if ENABLE_NLS by #if defined(ENABLE_NLS)
>>> && ENABLE_NLS.
>>
>> I know the C compiler short-circuits &&, if the preprocessor does also
>> then this looks like the best solution.  If not, then nested #if.
>
> Yes the preprocessor also short-circuits (I tested a small example to be
> sure, with gcc 4.1 and gcc 4.4).  So the automatic replacement command
> becomes:
>
> find . -name '*.[ch]' -exec sed -i -e 's, ENABLE_NLS,
> (defined(ENABLE_NLS) \&\& ENABLE_NLS),g' '{}' ';'

This affects gnulib/error.c and gnulib/gettext.h which would be much better
not to change, as they're being imported semi-automatically.

Perhaps you could solve this at its source?  (i.e. by defining ENABLE_NLS to
0 when gettext is unavailable).

--
Robert Millan

  "Be the change you want to see in the world" -- Gandhi