grub-devel

Re: lua 'grub.run' does not return message text

From: Jordan Uggla
Subject: Re: lua 'grub.run' does not return message text
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 16:04:58 -0800

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Jordan Uggla <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 1:12 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
>> When I run
>>
>> err,msg = grub.run("ls")
>>
>> only the variable err is filled with the exit code.
>> msg is still nil .. I saw documentation that grub.run is supposed to return
>> the output in the second variable.
>>
>> I use lua from grub-extras repository
>> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/grub-extras/
>> checked out yesterday.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Thanks .. ede

> Looking briefly at the code, grub.run doesn't even attempt to return
> the error message ( though that might be a useful feature to add ).
> What documentation were you looking at?
>
> --
> Jordan Uggla ( Jordan_U on irc.freenode.net )

I forgot to mention, you can get the error message from the global
grub_errmsg after running grub.run(), but returning it would be a much
cleaner interface IMHO. It should be easy to also return the error
message but I am going to be very busy with other things until
February so I probably won't be able to work on it myself any time
soon.

--
Jordan Uggla ( Jordan_U on irc.freenode.net )