grub-devel

Re: PXE booting: no such disk

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: PXE booting: no such disk
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:56:17 +0100

Alkis Georgopoulos wrote:
> I'm trying to follow the instructions on this wiki page:
>   http://grub.enbug.org/PXEBOOT
> and I'm getting "error: no such disk", followed by the "grub rescue>"
> prompt. If I try `pxe --info` on that prompt, I get:
>   "error: no pxe environment"

gpxe detects grub as multiboot payload and boots it as such. Your options:
1) add .0 to pxe filename
2) compile gpxe w/o multiboot support
3) Replace 02 B0 AD 1B in core.img with something else
4) Wait till I import gpxe into grub-extras
> I'm using "grub-pc 1.97~beta3-1ubuntu7" from Ubuntu Karmic 9.10, and the
> latest gpxe boot disk as the PXE stack. If I try with my laptop's PXE
> stack instead, it hangs *before* the "grub rescue>" prompt.

Where exactly does it hang. What kind of network card is it? What kind
of laptop is it?