grub-devel

Re: autogen.sh warnings

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: autogen.sh warnings
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 19:21:28 +0000

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 11:38:06AM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> configure.ac:176: required file `./config.rpath' not found
>
> The can be fixed by `touch config.rpath`

configure does actually run this, so I'd recommend copying the file from
gettext or gnulib instead.

> automake: no `Makefile.am' found for any configure output
>
> I created a one line Makefile.am with the contents:
>
> SUBDIRS = . po
>
> This also fixes a warning generated by AM_GNU_GETTEXT which needed to be
> changed to AM_GNU_GETTEXT([external]) to avoid a complaint about a
> missing intl/ directory.  Adding an empty ABOUT-NLS was also needed.

This is likely to be delicate since we're not actually using Automake as
such, and we already have a separate Makefile.in which needs to not be
overwritten. I think adding a Makefile.am would make it just too easy to
clobber that by accident, even if it does suppress a warning message.