grub-devel

handling mount points in grub-mkrelpath

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: handling mount points in grub-mkrelpath
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 21:52:32 +0100

Vladimir wanted to have this discussed on ML

The old shell function make_system_path_relative_to_its_root outputed /
if you gave it /boot and it was on a seperate partition.
grub-mkrelpath currently outputs /boot

This breaks booting at least with the 10_linux generated entries.

Attached is my fix for that, which I'll update today to Debian.

We already broke backward compatibility with the commandline for Xen.
IMO in this grub-mkrelpath case there's no need to break compatibility.

But maybe I can find a good way to handle this inside
util/grub-mkconfig_lib.in just for compatibility.
--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer and GNU GRUB developer