grub-devel

Re: [PATH] grub-mkrelpath

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: [PATH] grub-mkrelpath
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:33:42 +0100

Am Dienstag, den 03.11.2009, 11:21 +0100 schrieb rubisher:
> Hello Felix,
>
> On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 09:54:43 +0100, Felix Zielcke <address@hidden>
> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> I am trying to build your mkrelpath branch on my ppc with debian gcc-4.4
> latest unstable release 4.4.2-1 and failed to build as far as I understand
> because isystem syntax is not correct; following diff help me to complete
> the build:

Which is the same as in trunk.

> === <> ===
> (i.e. I have to rm '=' between isystem and its arg)
>
> I don't know if it's specific to ppc arch, sorry.

Seems so, because on amd64 it works fine.
The docs say:

-isystem dir
        Search dir for header files, after all directories specified by
        -I but before the standard system directories. Mark it as a
        system directory, so that it gets the same special treatment as
        is applied to the standard system directories. If dir begins
        with =, then the = will be replaced by the sysroot prefix; see
        --sysroot and -isysroot.

So it should be valid.
Maybe with a space between -isystem and = it works for you too.
But now that I read that I'm not so sure we actually should use =

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer and GNU GRUB developer