grub-devel

Re: grub_prefix seems wrong for separate /boot partition

From: Christoph Mathys
Subject: Re: grub_prefix seems wrong for separate /boot partition
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 18:11:09 +0200

Felix Zielcke wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 01.10.2009, 23:29 +0200 schrieb Christoph Mathys:
Maybe grub_prefix should be setable on the command line of grub-install? Or some other bad mistake on my part because of scoping the amount of documentation I read using google?

It should be never needed to change grub-install to fix this.
If /boot is a seperate partition then the prefix gets just /grub.
If not then it's a bug. And in that case the generated grub.cfg has the
same problem.
This is actually impossible that only grub-install but not grub-mkconfig
was affected in your case. They use both the same function to make it
relative to the root.
Did you run grub-install again after you mounted your /boot or did you
just copy the files?

I guess I just copied the files. You are right, mounting boot and running the following commands results in the correct configuration without twiddling on the scripts:
'grub-install /dev/hda'
'grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg'

Thanks for the pointer!
Christoph