grub-devel

Re: Grub2 and Efi (MacBook 5,1)

From: Stefan Bienert
Subject: Re: Grub2 and Efi (MacBook 5,1)
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:36:11 +0200

> Hi,
>
> The following modules should be enough:
>
> minicmd part_msdos part_gpt fat ext2 hfsplus ntfs reiserfs xfs iso9660
> ls search loopback linux chain reboot halt appleldr help configfile
> hexdump loadbios fixvideo sh

Yeah, it works! Thanks' a lot. I built the new grub.efi as you suggested
and now I'm able to boot using efi.

Now for the next problems ;-)
I do not see any messages while booting. Just grub-menu, some lines
about booting with command list, next thing that appears on the screen
is the x-server. Same for shutdown.

Next thing I'll test: How is the Nvidia 9400M performing after booting
with efi.

greetings,

Stefan