grub-devel

Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface

From: Bean
Subject: Re: [GITGRUB] New menu interface
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 23:44:18 +0800

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Michal Suchanek<address@hidden> wrote:
> How will it fit screen? What if the image is 4:3 and  the screen is
> 5:4 or widescreen?

It'd scale to fit the new proportion, although the image perhaps won't
look nice in this case. We could choose one of the following rendering
method based on option:

Center
Scaling (full)
Scaling (keep ratio)
Tiling

> Percentages are a good start. However, if you make your menu
> percentage based adding new items or new menu areas is still
> problematic.

Actually I've though of another representation, using the font metrics
as base unit,  something like this:

+ menu {
  x = 10%
  y = 10%