grub-devel

Re: GRUB 1.96 - unknown commands

From: Bean
Subject: Re: GRUB 1.96 - unknown commands
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:58:13 +0800

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Marco Gerards<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Bean <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> You need to add module sh, minicmd and linux.
>
> What was the reason it was split up?  Sorry, I must have missed a
> discussion.
>
> I prefer scripting and normal.mod to be integrated, to prevent
> problems like these.

Hi,

Some time ago, I split reader and parser, now normal.mod only contains
the normal reader, parser is moved to module sh.mod. But normal.mod
would tries to load sh.mod from disk. But for EFI, prefix is set to
the same directory as grub.efi, not /efi/grub.

There are some advantage for splitting the parser. First, we can
implement multiple parser, there are currently three of them, rescue,
sh and lua. Reader is responsible for user input, now there are two,
rescue and normal. Splitting the module also make it possible to fine
tune the modules embedded in kernel.

--
Bean