grub-devel

Commands not executed in the else branch

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Commands not executed in the else branch
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 00:52:19 -0400

Hello!

While testing the new "test" command, I have found that the "else"
branch is not executed in some cases.  "echo" and "set" are executed,
but other commands are not.  Even "hello" is not working.  The problem
is not specific to the "test" command.  I can do it with "search" as
well:

grub> if search -f /; then echo 0; else hello; fi
error: no such device
grub> if search -f /; then echo 0; else echo Hello World; fi
Hello World
error: no such device
grub> if search -f /; then echo 0; else echo 1; hello; echo 2; fi
1
2
error: no such device
grub>

The problem disappears after there is a true condition in the "if" part.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin