grub-devel

Re: Building a steady release cycle

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Building a steady release cycle
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 21:30:18 +0100

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 09:55:13PM -0600, Jerone Young wrote:

> Also Robert Millan has done a great job keeping things going (just had to
> say that).

Thank you!  But I never have as much time as I'd like to :-/

> >         The main features that seem to be on everyones mind (from what I
> > see is):
> >                      - stable x86 & x86-64 support
> >                              - have some testing matrix for crazy old
> > bioses that don't work and some quirk is needed
> >                      - ability to boot grub2 from a CD (to replace
> > isolinux)
> >                      - More of a test matrix for features
> >                              - LVM booting work?
> >                              - RAID ?
> >                              - RAID + LVM work?
> >                      - EFI support
> >
> >          Some other features:
> >                      - UUID support
> >                      - loop
> >                      - ntfs

Note that we have a document to keep track of these things (was it NEWS?).
If stuff is missing you could update it there.

Re: doing releases, currently only Marco or Okuji have permissions for that,
and in practice I think only Okuji has done it.  You'd have to speak with
them if you want to be added.

--
Robert Millan