grub-devel

Re: Grub2 background images

From: BandiPat
Subject: Re: Grub2 background images
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 23:34:46 -0500

Colin D Bennett wrote:
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:03:04 -0500
BandiPat <address@hidden> wrote:

Here is my new grub.cfg file:
### BEGIN /usr/etc/grub.d/00_header ###
set default=0
set timeout=10
if loadfont /usr/share/grub/ascii.pf2 ; then
   set gfxmode=640x480
   insmod gfxterm
   insmod vbe
   terminal_output gfxterm
fi
insmod png
backgroung_image /boot/grub/Zen-splash.png

^^^ 'backgroung_image' -> 'background_image'
I think that is your problem.  Also, you can try executing
'background_image' from the command line to see if it works that way,
if you're having trouble.

Regards,
Colin

Yep, thanks Colin, I caught that also after I wrote my email. That's what I get for copying Felix's email. ;-)

It didn't work though, but I did test the different screen sizes which do work up to 1024x768 at least. Wonder if it would do wide screen sizes also? hmmm, will try that.

Now, are you talking about calling the command from the loader screen or after you've booted up? I will try it both ways to test, then I'll report back.

Regards,
Pat