grub-devel

Re: strange iso9660 bug

From: Bean
Subject: Re: strange iso9660 bug
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 01:15:21 +0800

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:07 PM, Robert Millan <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:31:29AM +0300, Urja Rannikko wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Robert Millan <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I was having a look at this iso9660 image:
>> >
>> >  http://syllable.info/Syllable-0.6.4-LiveCD-1.1.iso.bz2
>> >
>> > and GRUB seems to behave strangely with it.  When its contents are listed
>> > by
>> > Linux, GRUB Legacy or isoinfo, you get a long list (the "real" data), but
>> > when they're listed by GRUB 2, you get a short list with only 3 files:
>> >
>> >  - autorun.inf
>> >  - some *.ico file
>> >  - readme.txt
>> >

>> One gets those for windows files in linux by doing:
>> mount -o loop,norock -t iso9660 /tmp/syllable.iso /mnt/loop
>> (that was my command line, YMMV)
>>
>> So i think that you need to support rockridge extensions to see the
>> for linux content.
>
> Yup, that was it.
>
> So anyone feels like hacking rockridge?  :-)

Hi,

Rockridge is supported in iso9660. However, the image file has three
namespaces, iso9660, joliet and rockridge. Currently, the priority is:

joliet > rockridge > iso9660

So only files in joliet is showed.

It's possible to change priority, but what if we need to access files
in the other namespace ? Perhaps we can control it with variables, for
example: disable_joliet, disable_rockridge, etc.

--
Bean