grub-devel

Re: Sendkey patch

From: phcoder
Subject: Re: Sendkey patch
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 21:01:18 +0200

Well the interface is as we described: the module gives a callback
function which will be called before launching boot function. This
interface is enough for both (and probaly many other) needs. The only
problem is that callback functions can conflict with each other and with
boot function. E.g. if callback sets an INT13h hook and then boot
function reads harddrive then it could get wrong data. In my opinion the
ese callback and boot functions shouldn't use device access at all. This
is especially true because theese functions are after grub_machine_fini.

> This way it would be also easier to incorporate patches as there is
> already skeleton that can be used easily.

There could several templates for using such feature because it's quite
universal

Vladimir Serbinenko