grub-devel

Re: Windows,grub and grub2

From: Viswesh S
Subject: Re: Windows,grub and grub2
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 03:48:24 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message ----
From: Bean <address@hidden>
To: The development of GRUB 2 <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, 1 September, 2008 3:46:32 PM

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Viswesh S <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

Do you mean the result is still the same after you apply my patch ? I
check the source code of grub legacy, the handling should be exactly
the same. Are you using the official branch grub 0.96, or some package
with modification ?

You can also check memory at 0x7be, this should be the partition table
in mbr, %esi would point to the boot partition.

--
Bean

Hi,

The result is still the same after the patch.

I am using the official grub2 released package 1.96.

In that the chainloader patch wasnt there.Hence applied that according to your inputs as in the mail.

I checked the memory at 0x7be, which is the same as 0x1be in the mbr.

The first partition was already active also.

Also as I mentioned,what about the code for the int 13 extension and and their functionalities for 2,41,42.

Is there any change there.

Otherwise I am not really sure, why grub is able to boot,but grub2 not.

Viswesh