grub-devel

Re: chainloader problem

From: Vega
Subject: Re: chainloader problem
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 13:23:09 +0200

On Sun, 04 May 2008 13:07:55 +0300, Vesa Jääskeläinen <address@hidden>
wrote:
> Marco Vega Trucillo wrote:
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> I'm marco and I'm new to grub-devel maling list. Forgive me for my bad
>> English. I have a strange issue with chainloader both with 1.96 and last
>> csv version.
>> I've compiled grub2 and I installed it on a usb stick with
>>
>> dd if=boot.img of=/dev/sdc
>> dd if=mycore.img of=/dev/sdc seek=1
>
> Use grub-setup/grub-install

Ok thanks I will try this.

But actualy on my usb stick there isn't any partition table nor filesystem.
mycore.img is grub2 "core" with a memdisk embedded that contains linux's
kernel and few other files.
All the remaining space on the usb stick are raw data: this is the reason
because I boot grub in that way without use grub-setup/grub-install