grub-devel

Re: Switching to git?

From: Otavio Salvador
Subject: Re: Switching to git?
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 00:04:17 -0200

Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> writes:

> If there are any specific problems with git pertinent to GRUB or
> preferences of the GRUB developers, I'm ready to convey them to the
> git developers and take the blame (if any).

Personally I'm very happy with GIT and I'm using it in daily basis for
most of project I'm active on.

The easy merging and the wonderful workflow it allow is really
nice. Besides that, it's really active and rapidly improving.

> We don't have to look for the best tool, just for the best tool for
> this particular project and those working on it.

For me, it fits very well.

I think it's worth to cite about http://packages.debian.org/sid/mr
that allows to abstract the SCM and use a single command set for daily
uses.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: address@hidden      UIN: 5906116