grub-devel

Re: BTS for GRUB 2 (Re: BTS overhaul)

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: BTS for GRUB 2 (Re: BTS overhaul)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 08:10:53 +0100

On Sunday 16 December 2007 12:02, Robert Millan wrote:
> Another question is, how will we do context reply for patches?  The BTS
> doesn't seem to easily allow this.  Maybe we could followup on our replies
> via bug-grub ?  But a problem with that is that it'll be hard to see the
> full context of a discussion when browsing bugs.

This was exactly what I didn't like with (most) bug trackers...

Does the Patch Tracker provide any useful feature to this? When I looked at
this, it was no different from the Bug Tracker, so I simply disabled it. But
this was some years ago.

> Another problem is that submitter is likely not subscribed to bug-grub
> (does the message you get when trying to write there without being
> subscribed say you have to subscribe, or that you have to wait for someone
> to process your mail (which won't happen) ?).

It might be possible to configure the mailman to push through email from
savannah.

Okuji