grub-devel

Guidance

From: Vince Radice
Subject: Guidance
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:20:11 -0500

Hello,

The card is a PCI card which I had to use to access a new hdd. The system bios would not access the drive. Yes, I can boot off of it. I have 2 hds attached to it. After I get the OS up, both drives are available. This was not the case when I first installed the card. I opened a trouble ticket with Fedora as Fedora would not recognize the slave drive - only the master. The card has an ITE IT8212 controller chip. I don't understand your questions about bios disk number or the play nice with the BIOS boot spec. How do I find the answers to these questions?

The Fedora Bugzilla bug number is 344231 in case you would like to read about my original problem.

Thank you for the quick response.

Vince Radice
Message: 2