grub-devel

Re: Transparent decompression with file system filter

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: Transparent decompression with file system filter
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 21:29:19 +0200

Bean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Are you still interested in working on this?
>
> Yes, if you think this is an useful feature, I can start working on it.

I am just wondering is there need to read compressed files without being
compressed?

I like the idea that opening compressed file is in a separate function,
but perhaps there should be some new generic open() function that can
handle both compressed (gz, bz2?, others with modules?) and in case
compression cannot be detected then use traditional file access.