grub-devel

Re: grub2 file browser draft

From: adrian15
Subject: Re: grub2 file browser draft
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 09:11:10 +0200

I noticed you mention hda1 here, which is a Linux device name.  I have
explained you before it is technically not possible to translate GRUB
device names to Linux device names.  I wish it was possible, but
unfortunately it currently isn't because the BIOS is used to access
harddisks.

I am sorry, I did not want to start over the discussion. I just wanted to know if given a hard disk device we could iterate over its partitions or at least generate a menu from them.

I've seen that you say we cannot iterate over files so I supose that it also means that we cannot iterate over partitions yet.

adrian15