grub-devel

Re: Grub for ia64

From: Johan Rydberg
Subject: Re: Grub for ia64
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:15:27 +0200

address@hidden writes:

>> It is not possible to find similar integer division code in glibc for
>> example?  And why is this code needed at all, doesn't IA64 have
>> division?
> No, it doesn't have integer division.
>
>>  If it doesn't, my gut feeling tells me that this should be
>> in libgcc.
> Yes, most should be either in glibc or libgcc.

I have not verified this completely, but it seems as libgcc has all
these routines at hand.  GCC also has the following IA-64 options that
might be usefull;

`-minline-int-divide-min-latency'
     Generate code for inline divides of integer values using the
     minimum latency algorithm.

`-minline-int-divide-max-throughput'
     Generate code for inline divides of integer values using the
     maximum throughput algorithm.

~j