grub-devel

Re: patch for kern/efi/mm.c (big memmap)

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: patch for kern/efi/mm.c (big memmap)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:41:56 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> This is on an ia64 system (Tiger).

I just noticed that because of your other patches, neat! :-)

>> Cool.  Can you please send in this patch in unified diff format (diff
>> -up) and provide a changelog entry?  And while you on it, most people
>> here prefer patches being sent inline so it is easier to read and to
>> give feedback on.
> Sorry, this is my first patch!

Hopefully you didn't see my feedback as evil comments ;-).  My reason
to tell you all this is to get patches in the form we would like to
see them for easy review and quick integration.

> Tristan.
>
> 2006-09-28  Tristan Gingold  <address@hidden>
>
>       * kern/efi/mm.c (grub_efi_mm_init): MEMORY_MAP_SIZE removed,
>       dynamically get the size of the memory map.

Great.  There are a few changes I will make before committing this
patch.  Please have a look at the commit email to see what was changed
and why.  I will most likely commit this patch Sunday evening,
certainly not before that, sorry.

--
Marco