grub-devel

Re: Support for reading LVM volumes

From: Jeroen Dekkers
Subject: Re: Support for reading LVM volumes
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 22:08:20 +0200

At Sun, 13 Aug 2006 14:51:40 -0500,
Hollis Blanchard wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-08-13 at 20:23 +0200, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
> > At Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:49:06 -0500,
> > Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> > >
> > > What will happen to the google-soc2006 CVS branch when you're done?
> >
> > It should be merged into the mainline.
>
> Well, of course. :) My question wasn't "what _should_ happen?" but
> rather "what _will_ happen?".
>
> Who is going to do this? Does this fall outside the scope of your SoC
> project? I understand that branches in CVS are extremely cumbersome, so
> will this be a difficult process?

You don't have to really merge the branch in CVS. You can just call
diff on both branches and apply the patch on the mainline. Of course
this isn't the most beautiful way, but it works...

I also think we should switch to a better VCS. I'm actually using bzr
myself. If anyone is interested, I've published my SoC branch and the
CVS on my homepage:
http://dekkers.cx/bzr/grub2
http://dekkers.cx/bzr/grub2-cvs

My preference is bzr, but almost everything is better than cvs. I
would happily use svn, mercurial or darcs for example.

Jeroen Dekkers