grub-devel

Keyboard bugs

From: Andrew Apted
Subject: Keyboard bugs
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 17:27:15 +1000

Hello,

I've noticed a couple of bugs in the keyboard handling of GRUB2:

(1) in kern/i386/pc/startup.S, grub_console_checkkey()
    doesn't translate the code like getkey() does.

    Personally I think the checkkey() API would be better
    as a simple boolean value.

(2) the grub_console_getkey() and checkkey() return value
    contains junk (the scan code) in the upper byte.

    I think the return value should just be a Unicode
    character, and the GRUB_TERM_ASCII_CHAR macro should
    go away (at first I thought was a "unicode chop"
    function, but the real purpose is to discard the
    scan-code part).

Cheers,
--
Andrew Apted  <address@hidden>