grub-devel

Re: Include

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: Include
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 14:04:56 +0200

On Saturday 29 April 2006 13:42, Marco Gerards wrote:
> A lot of people have been asking about an include
> command/source/. command.  But I am wondering if it just can be the
> same as configfile, except for the cls.

No. It should be the same as "." in BASH. The command "configfile" is more
similar to invoking another shell in BASH (i.e. it creates another context,
while "." is executed in the current context). In this sense, it might be
better to remove configfile and simply allow the user to "execute" a config
file (like "grub> (hd0,1)/boot/grub/another.cfg").

Okuji