grub-devel

Re: PCI config space patcher

From: vincent guffens
Subject: Re: PCI config space patcher
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 09:54:42 +0000

Marco Gerards wrote:

Clemens Fruhwirth <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Clemens,

I have had a problem with VIA chipsets. I abused GRUB to solve it. The
intermediate product is a PCI config space patcher in GRUB. Not that
it's anything new, as GRUB already contains proper PCI in
netboot. However, I added a command line interface so it's available at
boot.

This list is about GRUB 2, while what you did is for GRUB Legacy.

But I think you might be interested in GRUB 2 as well.  It will get
PCI support by default (Vincent is working on this, at the moment), so
it might be easier to patch GRUB 2 when it is ready.

--
Marco

indeed the PCI implementation for grub2 is on its way. As the rest of grub2, it will be object oriented and will allow for easily adding a new implementation. You should therefore find it easy to add your patch to this framework once it is done.

At least I hope so !

--
                Vincent Guffens
                Intelligent Systems & Networks Group