grub-devel

Re: Multiboot-compliant x84-64 Kernel?

From: Alita Friedrichsen
Subject: Re: Multiboot-compliant x84-64 Kernel?
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 23:01:41 +0100 (MET)

Hi Marco!

> You could have a look at the archives of the list.  IIRC there was a
> patch for 64 bits ELFs that was applied to GRUB 2.  That is for the
> current multiboot.  Perhaps that's enough for you.

Yes, thanks. But this Patch first is not Multiboot-compliant und secondly
does not work with GRUB Legacy. I'm searching for way to boot my Kernel with
a normal GRUB. If there ware a Multiboot Specification that specify that and
the GRUB, that implement that, would released in the next month, this would
something defferent, but today there is nothing fixed. So I'm looking for a
preferably good way to boot my Kernel with the current Multiboot
Specification.

cu
Alita

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX supergünstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate für nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl