grub-devel

singleboot

From: Paul Tarjan
Subject: singleboot
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 20:10:50 -0800

I've been wanting for quite some time a method to be in linux, and
reboot into windows for just this one time and keep linux as my
default boot. My only solution so far has been to have a boot disk
with one grub.conf with windows as the default and the other grub.conf
on the hard drive to have linux as the default. Then I push in the
disk to go to windows and pop it out to go to linux.

I have a two part questions. Is there something that I can write to
the grub.conf that will be acted upon once, and then removed? And if
not, is anyone opposed to me adding it? Something like a "singleboot =
#" directive that would override default and then be removed after
grub executes it?

Thanks

Paul Tarjan