grub-devel

GRUB 1.91 is released

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: GRUB 1.91 is released
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:15:32 +0200

I'm happy to announce the release of GRUB 1.91. This is the second of
our prereleases leading up to GRUB 2.0. We encourage you to try it, as
we have done a significant amount of work towards GRUB 2. Note that this
release is mainly for developers who are willing to contribute to our
project. If you need a working solution immediately, you'd better to stick to
GRUB Legacy at the moment.

The source distribution is available from <ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/grub/>.

Send any questions, ideas, bug reports to <address@hidden>.

Here is the relevant NEWS:

New in 1.91 - 2005-10-15:

* Add support for LZO version 2.

* Support completion in the entry editor.

* Add VBE support.

* New commands, "search", "vbetest" and "vbeinfo".

* The option BOOT_IMAGE is passed to Linux.

* Add support for automatic decompression for gzip.

* Add support for terminfo and serial.

* Add support for x86_64.

* GRUB itself is a Multiboot-compliant kernel.

* Add new filesystems: XFS, SFS, and AFFS.

Thanks,
Okuji