grub-devel

Re: gsd grub2 option proposal

From: adrian15
Subject: Re: gsd grub2 option proposal
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:55:03 +0200

>First you need to define "Grub Super Disk," because I really don't know
> what you're talking about...

Floppy image of Grub Super Disk:
http://adrian15.raulete.net/ficheros/gsd_0.87_beta.img
Cdrom image of Grub Super Disk:
http://adrian15.raulete.net/ficheros/sdg_087.iso
Grub Super Disk definition (more or less):
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-grub/2005-06/msg00026.html
Screenshots of Grub Super Disk:
http://adrian15.raulete.net/imagenes/sdg/

.. code of menu.lst prototype...

>This might even work now, although obviously you would need to select two
>entries: some hard disk, and then "Go!". Doesn't seem very convenient to
me.

But option as a grub command is not implemented in grub2, no?

>If you're just trying to avoid typing that stuff under "Go!", I guess a
>script function would be useful here.

So in grub2 I will be able to make functions, great.

-Hollis

My question was the following you're in a menu with 3 or 4 options... and I
want to prompt the user to choose between 4 options more... without having
to load another configfile (menu.lst), without having to quit the current
configfile.

Would it be possible with grub2 easily?

adrian15