grub-devel

Re: release planning

From: James Buchanan
Subject: Re: release planning
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 01:30:00 +1000

Would be nice to have GRUB2 for the IA-64 as well. Intel documents the Extensible Firmware Interface and makes a lot of docs and tools available, plus driver writer guides and oodles of examples.

I might be lucky enough to have an IA-64 system (HP workstation, Itanium2 900MHz, 2GB RAM, 2x 36GB SCSI-3 disks, picked up second hand on eBay...) later this week. It's interesting enough for me to have spent the last 5 hours transfixed by the docs. :)

I'll be sure to hack up the GRUB2 sources for IA-64 and give it a go.

Sniff... can't afford a 64-bit PPC...

--
James Buchanan