grub-devel

Re: Framebuffer

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: Framebuffer
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 22:48:54 +0200

On Sunday 17 October 2004 22:34, Marco Gerards wrote:
> The same idea but the other way around.  A library is fine for me.
> The main idea why I suggested videodrivers is that you really
> implement drivers and not a terminal.

Well, if you can use two framebuffer terminals, how do you choose one,
if you use a single terminal called "framebuffer"?

For example, on a SiS chipset, it might be possible to use a VESA driver
and a SiS-specific driver. If GRUB has "vesa" and "sisfb", we can just
use "terminal vesa" or "terminal sisfb".

Okuji