grub-devel

Re: [patch] allow ls to handle device names containing '/' characters

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: [patch] allow ls to handle device names containing '/' characters
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:58:46 -0500

On Sep 14, 2004, at 4:01 AM, Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:

On Tuesday 14 September 2004 02:56, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
I don't know if there are other commands that need to be modified in
a similar manner; I have only tried ls.

Your patch will fail if the name does not contain a device part.
Shouldn't it be like this:

Sorry, didn't realize that was possible. I haven't used GRUB much... :)

path = grub_strchr (dirname, ')');
if (! path)
  path = dirname;
else
  path++;

With that else addition, it makes sense to me. If you can test that and check it in I would appreciate it, otherwise I will have to test it tonight.

-Hollis