Re: mandoc -man -Thtml bug: inconsistent vertical space before .TP

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: mandoc -man -Thtml bug: inconsistent vertical space before .TP
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 07:27:49 -0500

At 2023-10-24T12:31:04+0200, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> In less(1) I use similar heuristics to find what I want: '/    --unused'
> will get me exactly where I expect.

You might want to adapt this habit to '/ +--unused'.  (1) It's less to
type and (2) in groff 1.24.0, the base paragraph inset will shrink to
5n.[1]  What you have will still work, but using an explicit quantity of
spaces doesn't feel robust to me.

> Do you know anyone blind who reads manual pages?  I would be
> interested in knowing their opinion.

I do; former Debian Project Leader Sam Hartman is, and does.  You might
reach out to him at hartmans@debian.org.

[1]
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/groff.git/commit/?id=5d2e49f8182afc9bf210b7f6dd18e465319fef7b

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/groff.git/commit/?id=ab9e82cd9716d929051eedfb104d227a02c964e5

    I've been wordsmithing some terminology reforms since then.