Re: [groff] Upgrade to 1.22.4 breaks PDF font

From: Richard Morse
Subject: Re: [groff] Upgrade to 1.22.4 breaks PDF font
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 16:40:27 GMT

On Feb 19, 2019, at 06:37 PM, Bertrand Garrigues <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 19 2019 at 10:58:17 PM, Colin Watson <address@hidden> wrote:
It's likely that this is a bug in the Homebrew formula: you can confirm
this by looking for "URW fonts for pdf" in the configure output (it
should say "yes", but I bet it says "no"). The formula needs to make
sure that whatever provides a010013l.pfb is installed when groff is
built.

There were some changes in the devpdf fonts management, mainly because
ghostscript broke some things on version 9.21 (see commit
2b5a438e0c205a5f118b456db7438e35dab50e09). Which ghostcript version do
you have? Also, as Colin said, providing the configure logs may help.

Hi! Apparently I have Ghostscript 9.26. However, groff was installed from a "bottle"
(Homebrew's name for a pre-compiled package (never let it be said they have not leaned entirely
into their metaphor)), and the "formula" doesn't list Ghostscript as a requirement, so
it's likely it was compiled in an environment without Ghostscript.

(I don't have the configure logs because it was installed as a package...)

Thanks,
Ricky