Re: [groff] formatting title numbering in ms

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [groff] formatting title numbering in ms
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 09:37:02 +0000

Hi Erich,

> I am writing a text using the ms macros with the CB font.
> Set it at .fp 1 CB and for the text itself and the TOC it works,
> *but* for the chapter numbering.
>
> Thus, this code:
>
> .NH
> title...
> .XS
> toc-title
> .XE
>
> produces everything in CB font, except the title numbering in the text
> itself. The numbering in the TOC is CB!

Can you give us a small example, but complete, such that we can put it
in a file and run `groff -ms' on it to see the problem.  I tried
cobbling something together and didn't get broken results.

Also, what's the output of `groff --version | grep version' for you?

> I must be doing something wrong.

No, not necessarily.  Bugs still lurk.  Feel free to ask sooner next
time if you've been stuck a while.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy