Re: [groff] Release Candidate 1.22.4.rc3

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: [groff] Release Candidate 1.22.4.rc3
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 08:52:53 -0500

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 12:15:35PM +0000, Deri wrote:
>       :
> You can get a preview of what I have done by downloading the groff book here:-
> http://chuzzlewit.co.uk/groff_book.pdf

Wow!
Just a quick glance and I learned about  \n[.F] !  Never knew that.
((Also never saw a number register with string content.))
        page 113
        \n[.F]  This string-valued register returns the current input file name.

What a resource!
Thank you.

Suggestion.
        You use the word "currently" to mean the "this release", as in:
                5.1.7.  Input Encodings
                Currently, the following input encodings are available.

        According to the first page, here "currently" means
                Edition 1.22.4
                Autumn 2018

        It would be more helpful if "Currently" was replaced with or
        had a footnote reference to "Edition 1.22.4".

That way this could become a living document!  A perpetual current resource!

--
 Mike Bianchi