[groff] Issue Tracker

From: Bertrand Garrigues
Subject: [groff] Issue Tracker
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 12:09:59 +0100

Hi all,

The (quite limited) Savannah issue tracker offered 2 query forms to
search and diplay bugs, "Basic" and "Advanced".  For some reasons the
"Item Group" is not displayed with the Advanced form so I've created a
new one called "Enhanced".

To select this form and configure how the column are sorted:

- Go to https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=groff

- Click on "+Display Criteria"

- After the text "Browse with the"  select "Enhanced" and then
 "Multiple".  Click on the "Apply button".

- Click on "activate multicolumn sort" (you need to wear glasses because
  it's displayed with very small characters) and then on the "Apply"
  button.

- After that you only need to sort the columns by clicking on the column
  title on the 1st row of the table. I usually choose "Severity"  first,
  then "Category", "Item Group" and finally "Submitted On".

I've also added a few choices in the "Item Group":

- Example rendering (issue in generated examples).

- Warning/Suscipicious behaviour (unlike "Incorrect behaviour" we use
  this one if we don't have an obvious defect, or if further
  investigations should be done).

- Renamed "Wishlist" to "New feature": previously there was some
  confusion between the Item Group Wishlist (meaning a new feature) and
  the Severity Wish (which is used as "less important then minor" and/or
  "Issue which is mainly a matter of taste ").  New features that are
  important should be marked with a Normal or Important severity.

Please feel free to comment on these changes.

I'll make some more cleaning in the tracker in the next few days.

Regards,

Bertrand Garrigues